primary teaching question (1 Viewer)

kaytee91

HSC
Hey guys, sorry if this is repetitive but just wanted to ask a question.

Im thinking of doing primary teaching next year, but i dropped maths at the end of year 11. I currently do ext 1 english, modern and ancient, bio and society.
Would this be a problem? What courses would i have to do to compensate for not doing maths? Can i apply for teaching anyway, without maths?
Also, what uni is the best for primary teaching?
Thanks for your help guys :)

Last edited:

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
not sure about the math's question but for uni's wollongong and ACU have good reputations for teaching.

Brontecat

HSC
i think the prerequisites are usu. mathematics and some form of english, but if u have a good enough ATAR and it's not a popular course that year (e.g. they're not trying to reject ppl for trivial reasons because they have too many applicants) you should be fine

melodic_gal

HSC
Hey guys, sorry if this is repetitive but just wanted to ask a question.

Im thinking of doing primary teaching next year, but i dropped maths at the end of year 11. I currently do ext 1 english, modern and ancient, bio and society.
Would this be a problem? What courses would i have to do to compensate for not doing maths? Can i apply for teaching anyway, without maths?
Also, what uni is the best for primary teaching?
Thanks for your help guys :)
acu is great place to apply for primary teaching click the link below;

maths is assumed knowledge requirement but it shouldn't stop you from applying as you never know you might get accepted.

Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary) - ACU National (Australian Catholic University) of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)

Bachelor of Education (Primary) - ACU National (Australian Catholic University) of Education (Primary)

primary K-6 grades
early/primary Birth - 6 grade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)