PRIOR HSC mathematics 3U & 4U opinions pls (1 Viewer)

enigma128

hey guys

idunno if i shud sign up with prior or not... would like to hear some comments/opinions before i spend $5000....

basically i've heard their 4U maths course is REALLY good.. but the problem is i don't know if I'll do 4U maths, so thinking of the 3U course

anyone know if its as good? worth the $$?

haha im not very motivated in the maths department but i do really well when i do WORK ^^

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
hmmmmmmmmmmm theres another thread in here somwhere about prior......
i dont know.. my frined take her friends PIROIR notes into class and she does them... we think that she's just shwoing off.. but their notes arent really that great...they look kinda ordinary to me.. 5000 is a lot.. i think you should look around before you run and spill to prior.. i amd definite there are better tutours out there that will pay attention to you more and help you out more that are HELL cheaper than that... i think that you should do your work and get a private tutour like one on one from maybe a uni student because u said u do really well if you work...theyre;ll charge less.. and theyre still giving you the pressure to do the work :)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
i was going to go to Prior but I realised that they are overcharged. even though they have a lot of people got over 95+UAI, you have to realise that these ppl are from renowned private selective schools so they are working their arses off anyway.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
5000 = 100 textbooks @ 50 dollars each

now wot do u think :)

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i'd say sign up or not depending on what kind of tutition you are looking for....

all i can say about prior is that it is a coaching centre. Every week you have lessons and workshops to complete corrections to the homework they give you till there is no mistakes left. It is extremely time consuming. I'm in year 11 and i'm there 9 hours a week. Its been pretty bad..i'm on the brink of losing it and it especially sucks when you have an assessment due the next day or something, so i reckon for yr 12, if you choose to do prior you gotta be committed, which most people are due the the money they are spending

Prior gives you plently of notes and summaries, and examne you lots, it is highly advanced, at first when i started out my confidence shattered a little coz everyone there were really smart. It is because these people are all committed to getting the highest UAI possible, so really everyone there is creme of the crop. The prior system works to push you to a highly advanced level. I found that for maths, we were going too quickly, learning stuff i hadn't learned at school and kinda sucking at it, and i felt the system didn't work for me, i was considering one-on-one tutition because its a better option if you are strugglign to understand the basics. However i stayed with it for a little while and its getting better, u get used to it and i just ask lotsa and lots of questions!!!!

so if you need tutition because you are struggling, and need to understand the basics because u dont get it at school then get one-on-one however, if you wanna go the extra mile, and be more advanced than everyone else...go to prior, because the key of their sucess is they make you work heaps and push you to a high level....which not to mention, you can do yourself when you have the motivation!

good luck with ur decision
peace out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)