Process of choosing works for Young Writers Showcase? (1 Viewer)

burkefan

HSC
Does anyone know when we will know if we've been chosen for the YWS, and what mark you need to have received to be chosen?

sylviasss

HSC
They choose after you get your mark back. From the pool of students that recieve 50/50, they select a few from there :)

ReneeApple

HSC
They choose after you get your mark back. From the pool of students that recieve 50/50, they select a few from there :)
They've already chosen the kids for Art Express. I know it's not the same thing but I figured they might deal with all the showcase ones at a similar time?

ReneeApple

HSC
In terms of marks, I went to an extension 2 seminar earlier in the year and they were talking about the showcase. The ones that are selected are generally a high E4 range, but they choose a variety of different ones for every medium. (So they say. They seem to have an affinity for postmodern short stories).

Therefore the ones they're showing you aren't necessarily the best in the state, but they are a sample of the variety of things you can do with this topic. This is how the showcase differs to say, Encore, Art Express, Callback etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)