• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Progress (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hi I am aiming for a UAI of 90, with my current marks I don't think that I will achieve it, could anyone give me an indication of how I am going? I think its difficult to judge since my classes have so few people.

My school was 78th in the top 200, my careers advisor says 50 people in my school usually get a UAI of 90 or moreLast year we had two all rounders and the highest UAI was 99.0.

I'll just add my trial marks and final assessment ranks now that I have them, can anyone let me know if I am on the right track

Trial Mark/ Assessment Rank/ Assessment Mark(excl trial)
English - 74% 22/80 77%
French (Cont) 75% 3/6 77%
Italian (Beg) 84% 4/10 79%:
Legal 88% 4/38 88%
IPT 90% 1/7 95%

For my assessment marks Sam gives me NSW UAI: 87.30
For Trial Marks sam gives me NSW UAI: 84.90

I know I need to pull up English and French mostly
------------------------------------------------
Half Yearlies

Mark/Average/rank
English Advanced 74%/ 70%/ 26/80
Legal Studies 79%/ 61%/ 7/38
French Continuers 75%/ 73%/ 3/6
Italian Beginners 80%/ 67%/ 4/10
IPT 91%/ 81%/ 1/7

Last year my marks were higher...80s - 90's...thats why I am worried

And help would be greatly apprecitated

Last edited:

monique66

Well i couldn't really say. What i do want to say is to work on your English a bit to get your rank a bit higher (since ultimatly in this you want 90+ and the competition is really high) Your ranks seem good but your marks are probably dependant on the difficulty of your exams. So in conclusion, i'm not saying much. What i do want to tell you is that if you work hard you can and will get 90+ just have some confidence girl!

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
shit my marks and ranks are kindah the same and im aiming for mid 80s??
hhmmm must run trustworthy sam again

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
miss_gtr said:
well melsc, alot can happen in a term!

me term one marks, sam gave me 59, term 2, sam gave me 75!! so uve still got a long hard to to go, and its possible to jump up HEAPS, whats ur estimated right now?
Sam gives me 80 when last year it was giving me 89... :( but I guess these marks are not really a good indication coz they r just half yearly report marks

santaslayer

HSC
melsc said:
I just put in my final assess ranks and trial marks...does it look any better LOL
I honestly believe you will get above 90. (Don't start telling me off if you don't :p)

I got above 90.oo and my rankings were all above 15.
I went to a school that didn't even make it to the top 200.
I stuffed most of my external exams. That is, my rankings for my externals were way below my internals, and,
the top 10% usually get UAI's above 90. I went to a school with about 200 Yr 12's.

Assessments marks aren't a really good indication of how well you are going IMO. Your school (being 78th) may set harder assessment tasks (or they may mark harder)-relative to the REAL HSC.

Just try harder to get everything above 80 (band 5) and your set. :p
I got one band 6 (legal :p) and 4 mid band 5's. My UAI was in the low 90's.

General
Legal
Eco
Bizzzzzz
2U Studies of RE

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
santaslayer said:
I honestly believe you will get above 90. (Don't start telling me off if you don't :p)

I got above 90.oo and my rankings were all above 15.
I went to a school that didn't even make it to the top 200.
I stuffed most of my external exams. That is, my rankings for my externals were way below my internals, and,
the top 10% usually get UAI's above 90. I went to a school with about 200 Yr 12's.

Assessments marks aren't a really good indication of how well you are going IMO. Your school (being 78th) may set harder assessment tasks (or they may mark harder)-relative to the REAL HSC.

Just try harder to get everything above 80 (band 5) and your set. :p
I got one band 6 (legal :p) and 4 mid band 5's. My UAI was in the low 90's.

General
Legal
Eco
Bizzzzzz
2U Studies of RE
Thanks :) don't worry i wont come back and complain if I get less than 90, I understand how difficult it is to estimatre UAIs especially with internal marks that are difficult to compare

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)