project development & realisation section (1 Viewer)

glenn

HSC
N/A
im in the process of doing the project development and realisation section of the folio,

I was wondering what are the main headings and areas i should be covering, could someone please just give me a brief outline of the order of headings, as im getting confused with the sheets our teacher has given and the textbook,

ALSO: i was wondering where everyone else is currently at with thier folio work....im midway through this section... am i far behind time???

Last edited:

yc

Summary of post below: Main headings = Research, Resource, Idea Generation. Within those headings come many sub-headings which are determined by the nature of your project.

Don't worry about time, it'll just freak you out, just keep working and working you'll get through it, finishing this project is actually very easy, people just freak out when they don't understand something, it's however very basic stuff.

Alot of the heading depends on what you are doing, as for order, put them in logical steps, research on definitions and history or whatever would come before research on industry processes as you don't go see how industry does it before you even understand what it is you are actually doing.

The PD&R sections consists of 3 main sections.

Research, Resources & Idea Generation.

For Research you have:
Broad Areas to Investigate:- these are the key issues that will make your project successful. You can use it as a heading and have sub-headings of each research point below. It's up to you how you present this. Personally I had the main heading on the first page "Broad Areas to Investigate" on the next line "Research: <topichere>", then every other page was simply "Research: <topichere>" at the end of BAtI I put an overall conclusion page.

For every research topic you need a conclusion. This details why researching that topic is/was relevant to the success of your project and how you applied the knowledge into your project.

Next up you have:
Specific Areas to Investigate:- This is where you research the nuts and bolts of your project. If you were making a desk say you would research things like Wood types, Screw types, Tools etc

Then as before you put a conclusion why it was important etc.

After the Research section (which tends to be the largest part of the folio, take it seriously it all gets read, they spend as long as necessary on each folio). You have the Resources section.

A small hint on research: This is a cut/paste job, how can you write about a topic you are researching? why people think they need to I've never understood. You take the information and then bold or italic key points in the text. In your conclusion you show how you came to understand those points, even list them in bullet form at the end of your conclusion, a quick recap of everything you learnt from that topic.

Of course I'm not saying to copy/paste pages and pages, you take relevant information only and you do not cut/paste exactly, take the various information and link it together in your own words, this shows you've come to understand it.

In Resources you list what you used in various stages of your project (Research, Design, Construction, Presentation) and why that thing was used. You can put this into a table format and use brief descriptions, it's not a huge deal, you are simply stating what was used and what for. You will use paper, you don't write a page why you need to use paper, just state "Paper: To write and print on", "Folder: To present work in" etc You don't assume the markers are stupid but you also don't assume they can read your mind, if you don't say you used Paper then they don't know.

Next comes Idea Generation and I'm sick of typing so just ask any other questions as I don't know if I've answered your questions or not.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)