• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Proof of enrolment (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
this is probably not in the right place so sorry.

but i'm applying for youth allowance and i need proof of my enrolment. where can I get that?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
The guy said when I went all you need is some proof, offer letter (from uac or unsw), letter from your faculty or whatever is fine... if you have your student card, even better.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
apparently you need to bring a levy on your HECS or something to centrelink.
im not sure.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
often your offer letter (from uac) isnt enough you need to show something with your name ans student number on it, as well as the institutions name

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
If you give them proof make the counter person sign a paper saying they got it.....SHIT! Centrelink pisses me off! I gave them proof and they sent me a letter saying they didn't get it ....i sent it again and they said they didn't get it....this went on 4 times (four different ppl took copies of the document!) and then they sent a letter 3 weeks later saying that my youth allowance claim has been rejected because I didn't provided the 'required documents'!!! F**K!!!

so...my advice if you give anything to them make sure u get the counter person to sign a paper saying they got your documents...because when u say u've already given it to them and they say u're lying u'll have PROOF!

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
another question about youth allowance... is it means tested?? my sis is moving to SCU at lismore, and we're not sure if she can get youth allowance becuase mum and dad earn too much $$$.. does she ahve to declare herself independent or something??? how do u do that??

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
To be declared independant you have to earn $16 000 (approx) in an 18 month period after you have left school.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
I recently applied and they said they didn't need it, despite the fact the form said it does. I asked them why, and it's because they've got a data-sharing system, apparently. Thus, their computers talk to your uni's, and check your current enrolment. Same as they do to other institutions and govt departments (ie ATO).

...that's an awful lot of infrastructure, though!

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
they knew that i was enrolled in uni
i didnt have to give or show them anything
a letter came about a week ago saying i had recieved my first payment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)