• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Psychology Honours: Sydney uni vs.Melbourne uni (1 Viewer)

Mondo2009

HSC
N/A
Does Anyone Know whether it is easier to get into a Psychology Honours course at the university of Sydney or the University of melbourne?

or does anyone know which university it is easiest to get into psychology Honours?

dolbinau

HSC
Well, I can't say for Melbourne, But Sydney Uni the UAI is around 96 - BUT, you must maintain a distinction average in the second and third year to proceed to honours!

That makes it pretty difficult I think. (You should could at the Melbourne Uni website yourself).

At Macquarie Uni you need an SNG of 70 which is half way between a credit and a distinction (and it seems like a good place to do Psychology if you aren't in a Go8 uni - ignoring that apparently MQ does have a good reputation in Psychology anyway, that exceeds Sydney Uni [but that's only based on heresay I think]). That is, it might not seem like you're just going there because it's 'easier'.

CSU would be easier to get into Honours because they only need a credit average in 3rd year, and half way between credit/distinction before that.

I'm not sure about UWS etc.. Again, you should look at some websites yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)