• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Public AND Private Schools (2 Viewers)

Which do you attend and what do you think of it?

• Comprehensive Public and like it

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Comprehensive Public and dislike it

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Selective Public and like it

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Selective Public and dislike it

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Private and like it

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Private and dislike it

• Catholic/other religious and like it

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Catholic/other religious and dislike it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
who here goes to what and what do you think of them??

i go to a public school and i think its great, but i also think that the amount of money that private schools are getting is blatantly unfair.

there are people out there who are public school people cos they don't have a choice, there are people out there who are private school elitists. i just thought it would be interesting to poll the people in these forums to see what the demographic is like...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ujuphleg
i go to a public school and i think its great, but i also think that the amount of money that private schools are getting is blatantly unfair
ditto

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I go to a hybrid catholic/private school and love it. And as for any funds being received, the teachers union will twist figures and omit things if it suits their cause.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I went to a private Catholic school and apart from the some eductional aspects and the social aspect, I hated it.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I go to a christian private school and its not funded by the government.

We don't even have a hall, when we have assembly we stand out in the paved area.

Our library is tiny with barely anything in there, but l still like my school even though we can't afford much.

Not all private schools get that amount of money.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i go to a public school and i think its great, but i also think that the amount of money that private schools are getting is blatantly unfair.

:uhhuh: :uhhuh: If you want to send your kid to a private school, for whatever reason, you should not expect the govt to foot the bill.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
:uhhuh: :uhhuh: If you want to send your kid to a private school, for whatever reason, you should not expect the govt to foot the bill.
At our school l pay over $4000 with no funding from the government.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by Misturi
At our school l pay over $4000 with no funding from the government.
I'm referring to schools who get a tonne of funding (for swimming pools and what not) from the governemnt while we can't afford an overhead projector...of course im not talking about cases like yours sarah :)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
girl04 - I mean, I rarely got along with the teachers, there were alot of subjects I hated etc etc.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
ok correction. Misturi, your private schools are ok. what i'm talking about are the schools like trinity, knox, shore, barker etc. that make the poor parents who are disillusioned into thinking that their kids are getting a better education $16000 a year then getting 2/3rds of Fed. Govt budget plus the majority of the state education budget.

everyone pays taxes, so everyone should have education subsidised by the government --even the private schools. but private schools are just that -- private. once you have th money for the number of students you have, there should be mo more money for those people cos their parents are paying money. public schools should then be getting the rest of the budget...

it simply isn't fair that there are public schools and as misturi pointed out some smaller private schools which should get money that aren't, when the rich schools that don't need anymore are getting more for the extra bloody swimming pool for their juniors or whatever... theres a blatant inequality.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
I'm referring to schools who get a tonne of funding (for swimming pools and what not) from the governemnt while we can't afford an overhead projector...of course im not talking about cases like yours sarah :)
ok correction. Misturi, your private schools are ok. what i'm talking about are the schools like trinity, knox, shore, barker etc. that make the poor parents who are disillusioned into thinking that their kids are getting a better education $16000 a year then getting 2/3rds of Fed. Govt budget plus the majority of the state education budget.

everyone pays taxes, so everyone should have education subsidised by the government --even the private schools. but private schools are just that -- private. once you have th money for the number of students you have, there should be mo more money for those people cos their parents are paying money. public schools should then be getting the rest of the budget...

it simply isn't fair that there are public schools and as misturi pointed out some smaller private schools which should get money that aren't, when the rich schools that don't need anymore are getting more for the extra bloody swimming pool for their juniors or whatever... theres a blatant inequality.
Oh ok l see what you mean :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cro_angel
nice to see no one has said they dont like their school yet lol
Sorry to break your trend, but I dislike my school for various reasons, but it will do.

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
nice to see no one has said they dont like their school yet lol
It's nice to know you just completed missed my post.

JimBob

HSC
N/A
I go to a private school and I hate it. Dunno if it's just my school, but ironicly there is a huge lack of facilities and alot of very average teachers, if that. The majority of kids there are spoilt brats who are given anything they want, when they want it, and some on the side. I've been brought up heaps different, so it's weird...

But yeah, I hate it.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
It's nice to know you just completed missed my post.
loz im not sure if u know.. but my connection speed is 20-28k when i go over my monthly limit of 1gb..
even though i have removed viewing all images.. these pages take an incredibly long time to load so i dont really have time to wait for all posts to load in a thread.. i usually read the first couple on each page and yes i was commenting on the poll.. and i did actually have to go back and wait 5 mins for this page to load to see if it was me u were talking to

anyway.. we got this pamphlet thing when the whole private schools thing was in the media and heres some things u may not have known..
* every student in nsw receives funds from the government. public school students get around $9164 (each) and non government students get around $4978.. and parents make up the rest.. so its not like everyone gets the same amount of money..
* parents who choose non government schools for their children save taxpayers $4.1 billion every year.. if a child moves from a government to a non government school this saves the taxpayer $4065 (based on national costings).

misturi ur school needs to have government funding.. my business teacher said that the school fees we pay only cover like 4 months of teachers wages
as i said before... there is money given by the government for every student and the reason why it appears private schools are getting more funding is because there are more people in private schools compared to public schools.. im sure if there was a surge in public school students or something it would show they get more funding on the budget because there are more students

by the way.. the sources of my points mentioned before are from the productivity commission, report on government services 2004.. n im sure many other people got the little pamphlet thing as well.. so if u disagree with the * points then dont yell at me.. but please refute me in an intelligent/informed manner.. not like
'PUBLIC SKOOLZ R TEH BEST CRO_ANGEL U SUXORZ'

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
Originally posted by Misturi

We don't even have a hall, when we have assembly we stand out in the paved area.

poor diddums...we have a hall and still have our assemblies on the paved quadrangle outside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)