pubs etc. in the city?? (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
ok...... well i'm havin an 18th thing in the city next saturday with all my m8s...
and that's about all that we know so far, that we're gonna go into the city - do a pub crawl - so can anyone recommend any good places to go? just not nightclubs
.....likewise, are there any places to avoid?

thanks

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
North Gong, then, The Brewery, then, Cooneys, then, The Illawarra, then, Rustys, then Glassys.
dont go to the Harp, its shit and full of old sleazey people and lesbians and gays.
dont go to Abby's either. its full of old ladies looking for sex.

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
For Pubs with more uni-ish atmospher I would proabably recommend the Pavailon at George st, Three wise Monkey bar opposite the pav is cheaper, tho still not as cheap as rsl and normal pubs...a good rule of thumb is that as you go further down to chinatown the pubs and stuff get more dodgy, and the closer you get to cockle bay the better( and more expensive) it gets

Last edited:

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
the one time i've being to gas its being really ethnic...like all Boyz-N-tha-hood feel, Tanks got a good rep as house/trance as well.
I dont really like Home, if only cos they've got "im the biggest club in sydney therefore i rule" attitude

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
yea, $20 or 25...part of what I mean by their attitude. Most clubs with reputation charge, but if you go early and/or a female you can get in free in some places.
You don't have to go clubbing to have fun :D

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
natstar said:
Hasent home got a heaps big cover charge? Im dying to try some clubs out this year. Last year my roomate was a party pooper and never wen tout..hope i get a fun one this year
come and join our clubs thread :D

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
what r u talking about there r heaps of pubs- its just choosing one u like

but in the end its about enjoying urself with friends

and also irish pubs that serve pints

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
It depends on you. My favourite haunts are places like Hugos, Plan B, YU and Victoria Room. I tend to go out around Kings Cross and Darlinghurst most.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
BreaKing said:
ok...... well i'm havin an 18th thing in the city next saturday with all my m8s...
and that's about all that we know so far, that we're gonna go into the city - do a pub crawl - so can anyone recommend any good places to go? just not nightclubs
.....likewise, are there any places to avoid?

thanks
HAPPY BDAY!

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Id warn you about going out around Cockle Bay - it is probably the most unsafe area of Sydney at night IMO.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
A lot of gangs around there because people who go there generally have a lot more cash than sense.

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
meh, I ve found that Cockle Bay's pretty safe, if only cos theres so many ppl around at normal night. Dude, you cant be seriously saying that its less safe than Kings Cross and Darlinghurst

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)