putting money on id cards and using them (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, how do we put money on the id cards?
and how do we use them (do we swipe them like an eftpos card?)
and what can we use the money for?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
you can only use the money on them for photocopying and printing (i think, never actually printed though) you swipe them in the little card reader things at each photocopier, and put more money on them by swiping them in this other machine in the library and putting money in

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
oh ok, so i dont need to have massive amounts of money on there then? like 5-10 bucks at a time would do?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
nah, you dont need much money on them..what i do is just put my loose change on there when i am near the library.....$5-10 is a good amount to have on there.....i photocopied so much towards exams...there is a section of the library with past exam papers which are really handy

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
past papers...great, uni is sounding more n more like yr 12 every day!!

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
hey jess a quick question- how did you find out about the card thing? I've never heard of it before is all! (but awesome idea- saves me carrying $5 worth of 10c pieces in my wallet...)

parko :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i went to the UniLink Shadowing program midway through last year (basically you follow a first year student who is doing the same/a similar course that you want to do around for a day) and i vaguely remember her showing us the cards, but i didnt remember much about them, thats why i had to ask

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)