Python and Data Analysis (SPSS, SQL) skills for Commerce careers (1 Viewer)

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Are these more valuable than skills such as "leadership skills", "teamworking", etc.? I mean I am a big introvert and I don't know how am I supposed to be a leader, so I wonder would learning these skills help me find a job? Which major will have the most jobs that need these skills?

cossine

HSC
I think both can be both important.

Let supposes you go for job in Python, it probably will not go well if the job requirement has Python.

Similarly if you don't communicate respectfully it won't end well.

Maybe you have taken some initiative for some project, or perhaps you have planned something in a group project.

Which major will have the most jobs that need these skills?

Due to lack of standardisation there is no real answer.

I presume something along the lines of data analytics or flexible major may be what you are looking for.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Are these more valuable than skills such as "leadership skills", "teamworking", etc.? I mean I am a big introvert and I don't know how am I supposed to be a leader, so I wonder would learning these skills help me find a job? Which major will have the most jobs that need these skills?
Honestly, I’ve always found the phrase ‘leadership skills’ to be little more than a catch cry. On the other hand, I try to pick up useful skills and would call myself a ‘Jill of many trades’. I have always said to my colleagues and seniors that Chiefs need Indians and asked what the world would be like if everyone wanted to be a Chief and suggested that they should just be happy that I’m happy to be an Indian. Informally or temporarily, I’ve had many experiences in leadership roles thrusted on me, but actively resisted the succession process even though the remuneration would be higher - I’d rather be genuinely productive than play politics which most leadership roles entail. If you have useful skills, you’re likely to become a valuable part of teams - if you treat the other members respectfully and work together towards common goals, that’s pretty much ‘teamworking’.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, I’ve always found the phrase ‘leadership skills’ to be little more than a catch cry. On the other hand, I try to pick up useful skills and would call myself a ‘Jill of many trades’. I have always said to my colleagues and seniors that Chiefs need Indians and asked what the world would be like if everyone wanted to be a Chief and suggested that they should just be happy that I’m happy to be an Indian. Informally or temporarily, I’ve had many experiences in leadership roles thrusted on me, but actively resisted the succession process even though the remuneration would be higher - I’d rather be genuinely productive than play politics which most leadership roles entail. If you have useful skills, you’re likely to become a valuable part of teams - if you treat the other members respectfully and work together towards common goals, that’s pretty much ‘teamworking’.
Ye, but I mean just being able to do your part of the job and respect others doesn't attract the employer's attention. Because I'm pretty sure most people can do that if they really wanted to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)