Q. on extended responses (1 Viewer)

N

ND

I have started preparing my extended response (ie. 6-7 markers) answers to points in the syllabus, but i was wondering in which form are they most effective? (ie. essay, dot points etc.)
thanks.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
My advice would be to avoid essay form, because it's unwieldy and long. The great thing about any responses for chemistry is that you can always use point form. It's much more concise and to the point that way. Remember that you are not out to prove a point or argue a case, as is usually necessary in essay form, merely to demonstrate that you have the knowledge. It's much more straightforward then, if you use the clearest and most concise way of putting things. I would go for point form and mini-headings...like a report form, extended on specific points you would like to clarify to more detail.

kini mini

HSC
I wrote all my notes in point form, because the information is better structured that way as Weisy said :). I didn't write all the extended responses in point form though, but as you know it's easier to go from points to an essay than vice versa.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by kini mini
I wrote all my notes in point form, because the information is better structured that way as Weisy said :). I didn't write all the extended responses in point form though, but as you know it's easier to go from points to an essay than vice versa.
i agree
point form is so much easier to study from

N

ND

My teacher told me that point form was the way to go, but as my school hasn't had many great results in chem lately, i thought i would ask people who actually did well. Thanks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)