Q&Q- Planck and Einstein (1 Viewer)

Skunkylicious

h Process information to discuss Einstein and Plancks differing views about whether science research is removed from social and political forces

Does anyone have much inof on this dot point. i have a little but not much. i knwo the basics like planck supported it and einstein was a pacifist, but i would like a strong structured answer please.

any help much appreciated

~jessie~

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
have u seen the surfing textbooks? they're pretty good.
but here is my answer

planck was a nationalist, who believed in his country and worked for it. he was loyal to the government, whatever party it was. he signed a document supporting the role of Germany in the war, and devoted his work and research to thwatever was required of him. He said that scientific study was justified in its own right, and decisions of what to do with the results should be left to politicians. thus he didn't see the moral imperative of opposing hitler, but by saying science was independent of government, ignored ethical considerations.

einstein was a pacifist, who had no particular politics; supported no government. he refused to sign the document supporting Germany's war effort, instead signing anotehr one wich called for a peacful world. He siad that scientific study should benefit humaniy, and dint' acept his work should contribut to killing others. emigrated to america. some say he compromised his ideals in his support of the development of the atom bomb, but einstin later wrote of hte pain he exprienced when the bombs were finally used.

sorry bout the typos, i was readin n typin @ same time.

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Hey thanks +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+, this was really helpful. I was going to start a new thread about this when I couldn't find any notes on it but I thought I'd do a search first... I came up with this thread and it answered everything.

Thanks again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)