• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Q's asked at fast food interviews? (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
Got an interview something this Saturday morning for a fast food place. :D

Since I know there are a lot of people who work in food here, I was wondering what kind of questions they asked at the interviews? Is it just your average interview questions, or anything different associated with working with food? Also, how would I answer the 'why do you want to work here/what interests you about fast food?' question. Wouldn't be too good to say nothing...

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
tell em u wanna work there coz ur a really hard worker and put 100% effort into everything and are a perfectionist........u have alot to offer.......u learn quickly...ur realiable and get along well with ppl.........ur interested in the food business coz ud like to open ur own restaurant.....or u have afmily background in food....u wanna gain some experience and ur a ppl person so u want a job where u can interact with ppl........or u can just say theres no where else to work and i wanna make some cash so plz hire me....... :p

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Ive been for a job interview at KFC ages ago. I was given scenario questions like- what would you do if a customer did this etc etc etc.
Nat is right, at KFC you will be asked what you did in certain situations and what you would do in others.

But don't work there - you'll just end up caught in the politics of KFC. That is to say if that's where you've got the interview. Then you'll just quit after 16 months of shit.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
elisabeth said:

Since I know there are a lot of people who work in food here, I was wondering what kind of questions they asked at the interviews? Is it just your average interview questions, or anything different associated with working with food? Also, how would I answer the 'why do you want to work here/what interests you about fast food?' question. Wouldn't be too good to say nothing...
where is it at?
it depends where you go. my job is with a privately owned small business and my boss doesent know anything, and all i got asked was "when can you work?"

elisabeth

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
where is it at?
it depends where you go. my job is with a privately owned small business and my boss doesent know anything, and all i got asked was "when can you work?"
Lol, it was like that when at my "interview" with the pharmacy. All I did was flash them my school report.

It's at oporto (you can whisper smart sounding answers through the wall while I'm at the interview :D)

argh... what-would-you-do-if-a-customer-did....? what kind of questions and ideal answers are there?

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
What would you do if a customer pushed in front?
Kindly tell them that the next person in line was next and that you have asked another employee to open the next register asap

That's the one I got asked, I can't quite remember coz it was over a year ago, but I think that's how I answered it. I had dealt with that situation many times before, so that helped.

cyko

HSC
elisabeth said:

Usually when u get the interview .. you already get the job ..
thats how it is for maccas
when they interviewed me they didn't bother asking questions like
so how come you chose to work at mcdonalds
what do you have planned in the future
what do you feel are ur strengths and weaknesses. etc.

all they talked to me was
confirmation of what times i could work
check if bank details were right, etc.

it was like hiring on the spot or something ..
mcdonalds tend to hire the people they seem cheap ..
meaning 14yrs 9 months ..
the olde you get the harder it is for you to get a job unless you skilled, etc.
because many business are very stingy ..
unless you got a friend in the workplace who may give you a slight chance of gettin hired if they put in a good word for you

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
... hmmm, no one seems to listen to me, so I'll say what I've said in almost every other employment thread:
There is no national statutory minimum age for employment in Australia. However, since it is compulsory for young people to attend school until age 14 or 15 years, it is not possible to enter full-time employment until then.

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Not so true for our store, but, EXTREMELY SUPRISINGLY that's because the average employee at the KFC I'm currently completing my 2 weeks notice at lasts over 12 months at the store.
But now they're doing a huge recruitment drive, which is one reason why I left, terrible fucking trainees, I'm sick of having to train them - The managers know I can't, I'm just too much of a boss in telling them what to do. *shhh* Don't tell any of my prospective employers!!
Fuck KFC, do not ever work there in any stores - this is an official warning to everyone on the forums.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
I once went to a Hungry Jack's interview and was asked deep, serious questions such as, "What is your passion? "Tell me, what kind of person do you picture you will be, in 10 years?"
Not that I really want to work there anyway, lowest wage i've ever seen.

yeah, most fast food stores will give you a scenario question. and the answer they'd probably most like to hear is something like "customers first", "customers are always right", crap like that.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
a belated good luck elisabeth :p
one of my friends used to work in at that oporto..i could have got tips for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)