• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Qualifications to be a store manager (1 Viewer)

stephenchow

HSC
What qualifications are needed so that one may became a store manager at any retail shop?

"Chubby"

HSC
i have the job guide 2004 book and under retail manager and under education and training it says:

you can work as a retail manager without formal qualifications. Skills are usually developed on the job or through in house courses following recruitement as a sales assistant, and then advancing to supervisory and management positions. Sompe people enter this occupation by buying and running their own store. You will probably get some informal training on the job. However, entry into this occupation would be improved with traineeship in retail management. Entry requirements may vary, but employers generally require year 10.

hope that helps :)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
a girl at my coles became assistant store manager at ~21 years of age after working in the vegetables for a little while......... so i don't think any qualifications are needed, just the right attitude and personality.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i don't think any. if you show yourself to be a good worker maybe you can ask them about training programs and work your way up from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)