• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

quality not quantity (1 Viewer)

jellybelly59

HSC
lots of teachers say this but im wondering at a band 6 lvl how much should u be writing in a 2 hr assessment (essay... nah duhh.....:D) if u look back at old sample papers they have both quality and quantity and ur wondering how the F*ck did dey write all of dat in like an hour... i have dis guy hu is a complete nerd in my class... and he wrote like 5 pgs when every1 wrote only 3 and a half on a macbeth film and text comparison in an hr and i was wondering how the hell did he do it? How much can u ppl write in 2 hrs?

genril

Banned
HSC
if you can't write 5 pages on a topic in 2 hours you have a serious problem.

for the comprehension section of my yearly most people wrote 5 pages in under 30 minutes easily.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
for the comprehension section of my yearly most people wrote 5 pages in under 30 minutes easily.
Yeah, our English assessments this year had people writing 5-6 pages in 40 minutes, and someone even wrote 9 pages in a one hour assessment task. Well, it really depends on your writing speed, knowledge of your content and writing size.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Five pages in two hours doesn't sound that hard.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I got a band six in english whooo! but um I don't remember how much I wrote. I remember wanting to write more but not being able to because the fucking template on the page had borders and shit which seriously restricted the amount you could write.

williamc

HSC
darkwolfzx said:
at this level you can write something like 4-5 pages HSC writing paper (massive lines mind you) in 40 min. 40 min times 3 essays in paper 2 = 2 hours. And trust me, you can't spend more than 2 mins in that time thinking about what to write or you are screwed.
lol not for the sc.

words wise i could proally write 4000 words in 2 hours. But i dont know that much on anything.

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
darkwolfzx said:
at this level you can write something like 4-5 pages HSC writing paper (massive lines mind you) in 40 min. 40 min times 3 essays in paper 2 = 2 hours. And trust me, you can't spend more than 2 mins in that time thinking about what to write or you are screwed.
He's in Year 10 LOL.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
bollocks. Just know what to expect when you get to my level
But he's not at your level, so why should he give two shits.

jellybelly59

HSC
Aplus said:
Five pages in two hours doesn't sound that hard.
in 52 mins... so i can do like around 3-6 in 52 but it depends on the topic...but umm.. yerh ! i did do 3 and a half in the 45... *shivers.... shakespeare... ewww*......i guess i should've put more quotes in and a couple extra points :D... i put 2 hrs cause thats usually the amount of time we have for an essay..:D oh crazy... 30 pgs.... junky!!!! i get blank after like the 5th pg... fail to elaborate on points and to find new points to put in!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)