• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

question about HSC marking (1 Viewer)

R0s3

HSC
well... my question is, is the HSC marked like this? as soon as u write ur name on the papaer u get 50%, and then they add all ur marks, half that, and add it to 50.. for example, if they add all your marks and lets say u get 80%.. wat they do is... put 50%, and then half the 80, so thats 40, and add the 40 to 50? thankss just wondering

A l

HSC
N/A
You're not supposed to write your name anyway. You only put your student number and centre number for identification....;)

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
R0s3 said:
well... my question is, is the HSC marked like this? as soon as u write ur name on the papaer u get 50%, and then they add all ur marks, half that, and add it to 50.. for example, if they add all your marks and lets say u get 80%.. wat they do is... put 50%, and then half the 80, so thats 40, and add the 40 to 50? thankss just wondering
What you seem to be describing here is the marking process for the School Certificate.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
What you seem to be describing here is the marking process for the School Certificate.
Exactly what I was thinking, the HSC marking is much much more complex than that...

sasquatch

HSC
No wonder i was able to get 70 something for geography and 80 something for history. I didnt no jack shit for both those subjects.... Considering that.. my SC result was pretty crap. Got band 6 (91 for science - im proud of that, considering i had 40% or so for my mark during the half yearly.. i cant even remember if i did a test), band 5s for everything else except for geography...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)