Question concerning scaling after final assessments (trials)... (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
After the trials and all assessments are completed, would it be beneficial to my own mark if the rest of the students partaking in the same courses as i do really well in the hsc exams, even if that means that they get higher exam marks then i do? Ie. Should i help the other guys that can beat me in the final exam, or be selfish and make i sure i get one of the top marks??

Stupid question i know. Sorry. Input would be appreciated nonetheless. :D :D

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I guess helping them during assessments still may be alright as long as you yourself perform well. Because even if you have a poor rank but good mark, and perform well in the HSC, there is no reason why you still can't get your desired UAI.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
im ndont really help people, except for my friends, its not like i am going to help random people in my class study for the hsc

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I know people that have resorted to sabotage to make sure they got the highest ranking. When i first heard it in year 10 i had no idea why it was so important.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
It would depend how much you hate them, if you dont hate them help them cause then both of the UAIs will rise, if you hate them, sabotage their efforts so that their UAI drops and yours only marginally.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Two suggestions when helping someone from experience:

1. If they are planning to straight out copy you or just getting your help, make sure you give them some wrong information. This aviods the risk of them getting a better mark than you. I once let my whole computer class copy me in a competition and we all got distinctions but i didnt come first.

2. If you do a computer subject, make sure you log off, otherwise some people may not be able to resist the temptation to go into your folder and either copy your hard work or delete it.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
That really isn't helping someone, it's plagarism.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Also it wouldnt matter after the trials anyway since all the school assesments have been completed they would just study from your notes, which wouldnt be as effective as studying from their own written notes.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
It would depend how much you hate them, if you dont hate them help them cause then both of the UAIs will rise, if you hate them, sabotage their efforts so that their UAI drops and yours only marginally.

sabotage goes on at our school already. i was saying a speech the other day in class and had my phone in my pocket and it was on ( i know i know stupid me)and the guys at my school took it in turns to msg me so i stuffed up majorly ( phones are so not allowed at school and yeah so i lost marks)

Winston

HSC
lol but if you're ranked first, what's the point of helping others :p

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Winston said:
lol but if you're ranked first, what's the point of helping others :p
The odd-chance that one of the people who didn't do too good in the assignments flukes it and gets 100. You then get 100 for your assessment mark... who doesn't want that?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Lol Im not gonna help others, of course I would more likely win the lotto for 8 consecutive weeks then one of them get 100.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If you could help someone to get 100, you should really ask yourself why you didn't do that for yourself!

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
acmilan1987 said:
Its also good if you dont do as well as you hoped
who do you think we will get as our 4th striker? i think Crespo is most likely.. but Atlético have a pretty substantial debt to us and, to cover that they could hand over Torres.. i'd like Cassano foremost but he would be in excess of £20 mil...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
acmilan1987 said:
No more foreigners, just italians
yeah.. although it would be alot more $$ than getting Crespo on loan..

but theres heaps of options, Gilardino, Caracicciolo, Cipriani, Cassano.. there was even talk about bringing Nicola Pozzi from Primavera up to first team..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)