• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

question - copywrite (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
No. The only resources which the Board can force us to take down are the standards packages (and, in fact, they've already asked - we'll have to remove them soon).

Resources submitted by students, such as essays, will always be available.
i saw this, and it is a question i have had for a long time.

what about for example the cssa papers? if they are unhappy about you having them will they just ask you to remove them?

fatmuscle

HSC
since i started putting CSSA and INdependent papers up on my site in 2001, I don't think we've had DIRECT complaints

just lots of bitching behind our backs by teachers

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
well, maybe the cssa and independent don't go after BOS, since they pretty much don't have a "copyright policy" coz they allow teachers to photocopy unlimited times, so yeah...publishing in the internet can b looked at like that. :p (i hope i made sense there)

Rahul

Dead Member
yeh, but the school pays them money to make multiple copies...i suppose since it is for 'educational purposes' it should be ok.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, the school pays for the papers. i don't know, maybe they haven't got round to complaining yet? or maybe they only will if their sales go down (which won't happen)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Think about how much money people would pay for a copy of their trial paper.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Either way, even If they complain about putting CSSA papers, I'm sure some person will make another site with it all....*cough*

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
yeh, but the school pays them money to make multiple copies...i suppose since it is for 'educational purposes' it should be ok.
na, but wether ur buying for hundred kids, or 30 kids- u still pay the same amount for the paper- so u can claim in a way that on person bought it and he just wanted to make "unlimited copies"...hmmm, i think we need the law expertise of laz to help us out here. :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yes, that's sort of given though isn't it. Especially since

a) we don't get them until someone uploads them after the exam
b) if we do have them and release them before the exam, it means we are liable to CSSA for legal damages (according to the terms of use printed on the papers)

fatmuscle

HSC
well, some schools are too stupid to write their own exams, so they just tax the CSSA ones.

and they can't have the exact CSSA paper, so they modify the question.

so we kinda can get papers out b4 schools sit exams

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
well, some schools are too stupid to write their own exams, so they just tax the CSSA ones.

and they can't have the exact CSSA paper, so they modify the question.

so we kinda can get papers out b4 schools sit exams
yeah, and blame it on those bodgy skools. ;)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
But if that's the case we aren't using the taxed papers, we're using a paper released by a school with no mention of the CSSA (and different questions) in which case we're only liable for taxing the papers off the dodgy schools. It's the dodgy school which would be liable to CSSA.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
But if that's the case we aren't using the taxed papers, we're using a paper released by a school with no mention of the CSSA (and different questions) in which case we're only liable for taxing the papers off the dodgy schools. It's the dodgy school which would be liable to CSSA.
yep, thats what i meant. :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
ppl do the independent paper several weeks apart so if you knew you were doing that paper this site could be a goldmine if someone's already posted it after doing it...

fatmuscle

HSC
this site already is a goldmine

u think all teachers are smart enough to think up questions by themselves each year? they tax them off previous years papers and change a few numbers around. (for maths that is)
but i'm assuming all subject papers get recycled.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
ppl do the independent paper several weeks apart so if you knew you were doing that paper this site could be a goldmine if someone's already posted it after doing it...
LoL, yeah, i rem. last year, i posted up my trial questions for english- even though i never knew that we did the independent- so yeah, a lotta ppl. could've cheated. :D ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)