Question for anyone doing Maths Ext 1 and Maths Ext 2 (1 Viewer)

Jelly_jj

HSC
N/A
How do you study? This is an extremely cliché question but please I am like so desperate I really need to know how people study for Maths ext 1 & 2 TT

How many hours do you study (roughly)?
What textbooks do you use?
How do you overcome the feeling of doom and regain hope when faced with a bad mark?
Roughly how much sleep do you get?
What percentage of your studying time is dedicated to studying for Ext 1 and Ext 2?
Any general tips to get better marks in these subjects?

Prelims have me feeling hopeless, so any information I get really helps. Sorry for the long list of questions

carrotsss

HSC
1. Depends how I’m feeling, I spent about 40 hrs in a week in the holidays to speed run through content but since then usually less than 6 most weeks
2. I used Cambridge a bit but I find it better to do past hsc qs for each topic while learning, obvs depends on the person though I prefer being thrown into the deep end a bit whereas some people need to ramp up more
3. Set a plan while you’re upset ig? After the result you’ll prob set a super optimistic plan and so even if u don’t follow it as long as you do a fair bit it’s better than nothing. Idk maybe other people can give a better answer
4. I aim for 9 hours but I take ages to fall asleep so usually I get around 8. Never ever ever sacrifice sleep for study
5. 20-30%, you shouldn’t go much over 40% though
6. Do past papers, make a mistake book, have a positive mindset (and grow the confidence to just try stuff with questions), and never fall behind your class because it makes things so much harder. If you’re aiming extremely high (like 96+) and you’re a fast learner then I’d also highly recommend self learning ahead of time, just binge mcgrathematics on YouTube (doing the examples as you go) and then do chapter reviews or past hsc questions. It gives you way more time for past papers and just generally makes y12 sooo much less stressful, but it’s not for everyone

nsw..wollongong

HSC
1. Depends how I’m feeling, I spent about 40 hrs in a week in the holidays to speed run through content but since then usually less than 6 most weeks
2. I used Cambridge a bit but I find it better to do past hsc qs for each topic while learning, obvs depends on the person though I prefer being thrown into the deep end a bit whereas some people need to ramp up more
3. Set a plan while you’re upset ig? After the result you’ll prob set a super optimistic plan and so even if u don’t follow it as long as you do a fair bit it’s better than nothing. Idk maybe other people can give a better answer
4. I aim for 9 hours but I take ages to fall asleep so usually I get around 8. Never ever ever sacrifice sleep for study
6. Do past papers, make a mistake book, have a positive mindset (and grow the confidence to just try stuff with questions), and never fall behind your class because it makes things so much harder. If you’re aiming extremely high (like 96+) and you’re a fast learner then I’d also highly recommend self learning ahead of time, just binge mcgrathematics on YouTube (doing the examples as you go) and then do chapter reviews or past hsc questions. It gives you way more time for past papers and just generally makes y12 sooo much less stressful, but it’s not for everyone
ur telling me u spent almost 6 hrs per day solely doing mx1/2 for a week

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
ur telling me u spent almost 6 hrs per day solely doing mx1/2 for a week
i honestly did way for study for adv last year than mx1 and 2 combined this year.
i have only done 1 paper post-trials

Jelly_jj

HSC
N/A
This is so helpful! Thank you very much for taking the time to type this all out 🙏

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)