Question Help (2 Viewers)

Jojofelyx

HSC
Although usually I wouldn't have done it this way from the get go. I'd write out the chain rule for the rate of change in interest first and then through that try to figure out what you can do with the information provided.
Thank you !!

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
i/ just multiply all the roots = -c/a

ii/ u do P(alpha)=0 = sub x as alpha
since you know what alpha is from i/ sub it into the fat equation that eqauls to 0. Simplify and solve.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
On the first question, there is absolutely nothing wrong with @Etho_x's solution, but a modified approach to consider is to start from the derivative that you seek and then expand it using the Chain Rule. For example, here we seek the rate of change of volume with time and we are given the rate of change of surface area with time:

and the only "something" we have information on is surface area, so we need

We know that but don't have an equation linking and ... but we can link them both to the radius of the sphere, , and so can further separate

So, when the diameter is 24 cm, and thus the radius is 12 cm, the rate of change of the volume with respect to time is cm3 s-1.

---

If you are wondering why I got while Etho_x's working show at the end, it is because my working as found at any time whereas Etho_x has used the value of specifically when cm, and thus is only valid at that specific size of balloon. That's why we get the same answer for the specific case but different answers for any other case. Being ultra-picky, Eltho_x should really have substituted the value of one step earlier, at the same point as using the specific value of .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)