Question on MX2 course (1 Viewer)

Epicman69

HSC
Hi, I am currently nearing the end of my MX1 HSC year as I am accelerated, so I was thinking of picking up MX2 for year 12 because of both the recommendation to my accel class by the school as well as my general interest in maths. I just wanted to ask whats the difficulty of the new syllabus tests as well as what topics have been removed/added into the syllabus, as well as any tips on getting that juicy 100% state rank for MX2.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I am currently nearing the end of my MX1 HSC year as I am accelerated, so I was thinking of picking up MX2 for year 12 because of both the recommendation to my accel class by the school as well as my general interest in maths. I just wanted to ask whats the difficulty of the new syllabus tests as well as what topics have been removed/added into the syllabus, as well as any tips on getting that juicy 100% state rank for MX2.
No where as hard as the older syllabus for 4u. Still can get quite challenging but it's manageable. As for content, just look up the syllabus online https://educationstandards.nsw.edu....2-stage-6-syllabus-2017.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=

quickoats

HSC
Tbh scaling has diminishing returns especially when it comes to 4u maths. Getting a 92-93 vs 98-100 reported for your HSC mark will barely make a dent in your ATAR, but the raw marks required jump from like high 70s/low 80s to 97-100 (high effort for a marginal reward).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)