• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

question on uni course (1 Viewer)

kolgf

HSC
Ok here it goes, now i do Gmaths and i dont do any Science based subjects, but i want to do civil engineering in uni, say i got the mark to get and i got in, but i would have disadvantages because i didnt do the assumed knowledge (which is ext1 math and physic/chem). If i did a bridging course of ext 1 math and physics then i succesfuly complete it would i still have those disadvantages or if not is there a way to not have any disadvantages.

P

pLuvia

Well if you do the bridging course you are still disadvantaged because it is still new to you, while the other students it will just be revision for them for the 1st year.

Well if you didn't want any disadvantages you should have chosen your subjects more according to your university course in year 11.

kolgf

HSC
:'( i wanna do either IT or Civil engineering i like them both, but i need physics and ext 1 maths for both. so do u still recommend me doing those courses in uni even though i didnt do ext 1 or physics, or i have no hope :S

tennille

HSC
kolgf said:
:'( i wanna do either IT or Civil engineering i like them both, but i need physics and ext 1 maths for both. so do u still recommend me doing those courses in uni even though i didnt do ext 1 or physics, or i have no hope :S
I think you would have a lot of trouble doing those courses, especially if you need ext 1 maths and physics. Physics in university requires a lot of knowledge of maths (especially ext 1). Is there anything else you are interested in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)