• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Question Regarding Tt Clash?!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

da_bomb2004

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering, if you are permitted to have a timetable clash, by asking the faculty or something, in my case i have Dynamics form 5-8pm and mechanics of solids 3-6pm. can anyone tell me what to do, beacause if i dont make this clash have to wait another year till i can do mechanics again...

Thx every1.

elfm

HSC
you could always just miss an hour of dynamics... it's not too bad. with dynamics, i found it's more note reading, rather than listening that helps anyway.

gman03

HSC
What degree are you doing? You will need to go to your school office, fill a form and they will check your WAM to see if you are capable of missing that crucial hour.

da_bomb2004

Yep civil, so i have to fill out a form, does it update to permitted clash on myunsw timetalbe once you fill i out??

gman03

HSC
lo1234 said:
Yep civil, so i have to fill out a form, does it update to permitted clash on myunsw timetalbe once you fill i out??
No, from previous experience you will still see read shit on your timetable but you will be considered a enrolled. If you want to change tuts or lab afterwards you might have to go to the school office to do so (because I think myUNSW will complain about a clash and stuff, though I never tried)

To be honest, you will probably end up skipping both lecturers and take a break at that time... not encouraging you but that's what happeneded to my clash last semester.

good luk.

ace

is retired
HSC
You could probably just ring them. Explain the situation and get it fixed on the phone. Cause its really a matter of them, forcing it on the system. I don't myself remember any form filling, maybe they changed policies? Then again, my clash was back in '04 and it was with the math's department.

Contact numbers for you, ring 9385-1000 (the UNSW Switchboard) and ask them to transfer you to the relevant school office (be it civil engineering or whatever). Just make sure you give them the full title of the student office your after, else they'll re-direct to some random place in the Uni. (Happened to me once, i asked for CSE, got put to NSQ then back to operator, then to graduations office then they eventually forwarded me to the CSE student office, heh memories)

Cheers

gman03

HSC
Clarification: I am from Elec Eng and there is a lecture-clash form to fill out. Might be different for civil.

to ace: If CSE actually take up the responsbility about my enrollment then I didn't have to go back and forth between Elec School and CSE School office with the reply "we only gives advices, not enrolment" and "this is a COMP clash, you should talk to CSE"

ace

is retired
HSC
Its all good G, my intention was to just save the dude a trip to the uni this holidays. I'd figure if things don't resolve over the phone, he'd be told to do that form filling stuff anyways.

Cheers

Last edited:

gman03

HSC
to ace: no worries, saving other a trip is always a plus.

If this can be done over the phone then it is always great, but it will NEVER happen to Elec Eng student thanks to the efficient system they have in place :) :p a form for this and that and approval here and there.... like you need a form for afterhour use of toilets....

For people who have timetable clash before/now: do you feel that the uni has "left you out" in some way? I mean you would probably not be the ONLY person who will be having that clash.... stupid timetabling system

ace

is retired
HSC
Even though there are classes with can't be resolved by MyUNSW, I'd say this system is better than the old system that was in place (or at least I've heard).

Probably wouldn't make a difference to me/you and many on this board who use the nss pages to schedule stuff around, however the auto-timetable I bet is probably used by so many people its not funny.

At least now the various systems (take commerce TAS system for example) are being moved into MyUNSW. At least that sorts through some of the problems. First come first serve is better than random choices given to you from a crappy system. I wonder if maths have moved there tut system over to (though the maths tut system wasn't too bad, it didn't shove you to random times you didn't want, like the commerce TAS system did)

my $0.02 on the system

G, on the topic of ElecEng forms, those tree-killers! hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)