Question: What do I have to do to go study overseas? (1 Viewer)

cjkim88

HSC
Hi, I'm thinking of going to America to study Software Engineering.
The problem is, I don't know if there is anything I have to do, such as get a minimum UAI of some value or sign some papers to give to the principal, etc.
I'm completely lost.
Please tell me everything I have to do to be able to go study there.
By the way, I am thinking of going there to stay and study to get a job permanently.
Thanks.

JhK89

HSC
man u shuld've asked ur careers advisor or something how much of a n00b can u b srsly.. just look at the wall joe....

HSC
cjkim88 said:
By the way, I am thinking of going there to stay and study to get a job permanently.
Thanks.
yeah, good luck getting a visa to do that.

ask your careers advisor, i'm sure they know more than people on bos would, but yeah their application system is a pain in the ass compared to here.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Need to do the SATs and have pretty good ECs. You should apply for financial aid unless you're mega rich. Which colleges are you thinking of? MIT?

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
American universities are such a pain in the ass. They don't seem to be as willing to accept overseas students as other countries are. Basically, completing the SATs and acheiving appropriate results is what you really need. Talk to your Careers Advisor and try to organise something. It's been left a bit late though, you may have to wait until the next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)