• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

question (1 Viewer)

freak of nature

HSC
our year was given a capital A assessment task for SOR (worth 20% of our internal mark) and i was absent when the task was handed out. the amount of time given to complete the task was 2 and a half weeks. i recieved the task one week before the due date. i think i read somewhere that the minimum notification of HSC assessment tasks is 2 weeks. is this true? should i get at least 2 weeks to do the task? i asked my teacher for an extension, but only got two days, so i get a total of 1 week and 2 days to write a 1500 word essay, when everyone else gets 2 weeks and 4 days. should i get the same amount of time as everyone else, or at least two weeks? or does my absence prevent me from getting an extension?

any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
appeal!!!!! so no to the harsh reality that is our religion class :p
you should of had two weeks....thats not fair....the rest of us did

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
You should be given the same amount of time as everyone else but it might depend on how long you were absent for, why, when you came back and when you found out (these are only things I've heard from teachers).

For example, if you came back to school 2 or 3 days after it was handed out, it'd be your responsibility to catch up to find out what you've missed and so, you wouldn't get an extension which would be how my school would treat it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)