question! (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
just curious ...but y do the universities wanna know the date on which u arrived in australia if ur a permanent resident ???

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i think to check how good your english. for example in you arrived in 2002, they can you give you extra points since your english is not so great. but if you arrived in australia in 1992 they dont care because your english is like everyone elses. i think it has to do with language, thats just my theory.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by kentwell
And what if you arrived in 2002 from the USA, Canada or the UK?
thats why they also ask where are you from, which country english or non englis speaking.

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
its actually so they know if ur eligible for hecs, perm residents can only get HECS if they have been here 3 years (or it might be if they have been here less than 3 years).

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cheesegrater
its actually so they know if ur eligible for hecs, perm residents can only get HECS if they have been here 3 years (or it might be if they have been here less than 3 years).
nah, it's like if u have been in aust for 3 or more years and still have not applied for your citizenship then they won't allow u to "defer" your hecs...i.e. u'd have to pay whatever amount of HECS upfront for the semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)