question ! (1 Viewer)

yeahyeahyeahs

i dont know if this has been asked before but is it just one marker that marks your HSC paper or is there a different marker for each question? TIA xx

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by natstar
I think it varies from each subject. Like in art there are 2 teachers who mark ur major together, but i think in most subjects 2 teachers mark and the average mark is given, and if there are decrepancies, the head marker looks at it. I think this is right.
i agree with natstar.. it probably varies from subject to subject.. but i know for like maths only one person marks it for every center.. but i personally think it doesn't really matter how many ppl mark ur paper:cool:

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
What do you mean? Do you mean doe more than one marker mark your work (if so-I also agree with Natstar), or do you mean does one marker will mark the short answer section, then another will mark one essay, then another marker will mark another essay...etc?
If so-yes, usually a different marker will mark seperate sections. I think thats why they make you write parts in seperate booklets-so each part can be sent to different places.

yeahyeahyeahs

yep thats what i mean butterfly...it would be good if different markers marked each section so for essays you could write similar quotes and stuff without them sayin "hey she wrote that for the last Q"!

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by yeahyeahyeahs
yep thats what i mean butterfly...it would be good if different markers marked each section so for essays you could write similar quotes and stuff without them sayin "hey she wrote that for the last Q"!
Markers are assigned a section in English papers AFAIK. I used the same supplementary texts for AoS and powerplay :p.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Kini mini is correct... in english, the extended response questions are also marked twice (and a third time if the results of the first two markers differ significantly).

In maths, a different question is usually assigned to each marker. Et cetera.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)