Question (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
i was wondering peoples opinion on this cartoon for this module ?

thanks

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
well.. lets see what you can write on it shall we?

Court setting, so it gives connotations to the 'truth' in law..

The guy has his hand on the bible, without displayin the other hand, usually when taking an oath you put the other hand in an open palm facing the judge/audience.. (closed body lanaguage = insincere)

all the characters got a clueless face, showing that they have no idea what they're talking about..

now comes the most important point.
'You want the truth, the whole truth or nothing but the truth'
this question implies that there a different versions of the truth that can be conveyed. depending on the situation and how the presenter chooses to manipulate it.
the truth in the the court usually refers to events that actually happened. not what the guy is saying.. you can expand abit on that too.

after all that.. you can talk about the color, I'm sure you can make some bs out of that. (dull = not vivid recollection of true events)

hahah.. have I lost my touch? :)

feel free to add more/comment on my bs.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Yeah, but the module's focus is on the representation of truth, not on how people can lie. Thus, you need an issue and show how it's been (mis-)represented by the media.

The issue here is a little weak. It's obviously a jape at perjury but that's about as far as it goes.

I say, don't use it.

Kutay

University
HSC
hmm thankyou.... so u dont think there that much to write on it cant u say like the change in the caption thingy showing the manipulation media etc... and all that ?

kaylz

HSC
It refers to the levels of truth that an individual or composer may represent (which, in the pure sense, may not be the truth at all) by satirising a cliche situation that the responder should recognise.

kaylz

HSC
^^* cliched
It requires an apperceptive response (drawing on the experiences of the intended audience) to convey the composer's ideas about the concept of telling the truth.

kaylz

HSC
but gav is right. It's weak. Don't use it.

Kutay

University
HSC
hmm yeh but the teachers dont know the cartoon so i could make some stuff aye... anyhow does anyone recommened another cartoon i could do instead of this as i find cartoons easier to do

fb07

HSC
wait, does our related texts have to have some sort of connection with the media, cause non of mine do and crap i'm starting to panic

Carnivour

HSC
The whole courtroom "truth" idea is definetely related. After consulting with my English teacher who is a HSC marker, I used an episode from Law and Order for a practice essay, and my essay got full marks (I wish I had done that for the trials. My Bowling for Columbine only got an 18 :( ). Remember that markers are looking for something fresh and original, and representation of truth in the law is incredibly relevant, and often omitted by students. It lends itself easily to sophisticated and complex discussion, so I'm definetely using it.

However, that cartoon is probably a little dry. Unless, you want to add something to it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)