Questions from CSSA (1 Viewer)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
well then how are we sposed to calculate that question? they cant get us to remember the radius of earth surely....damn cssa.
it was a mistake :)

but strange thing my teacher still gives this guy full marks for the CSSA answer, not that it matters anyways :(

jims

HSC
something that might be useful: u can calculate the radius of the earth using the formula
F = Gm(earth)/r^2 <== force between a 1kg mass and the earth which is just gravity (9.8)
rearrange it so u get r = something and u should get 63903623m (~6400km)

N

ND

Originally posted by jims
something that might be useful: u can calculate the radius of the earth using the formula
F = Gm(earth)/r^2 <== force between a 1kg mass and the earth which is just gravity (9.8)
rearrange it so u get r = something and u should get 63903623m (~6400km)
Nice, i didn't think of that.

Rahul

Dead Member
omg! has anyone seen the indep. paper?

firstly for that question, the radius of earth is given. so no having to calculate it. btw, nice work there jims.

also i have an *explanation* for the length contraction question. if a photo is taken, then that has to be taken as showing the 'real' length of the ship. wtf, isnt that weird. a lot of ppl were confused because it said the photo was taken from earth. but anyway, i compare it to the indep paper, and what do u know....they wrote it with some logic.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yeah i reckon the guy who wrote the CSSA paper did it overnight backed up by 10 cups of coffee :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)