• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Quick Question! (1 Viewer)

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys!
Quick question, for the HSC 2U exam, will we be tested on preliminary topics as wells?
Like will we need to study year 11 topics?
Thanks!

jaycoo50

HSC
Hi guys!
Quick question, for the HSC 2U exam, will we be tested on preliminary topics as wells?
Like will we need to study year 11 topics?
Thanks!
the first question and some part of the exam is preliminary topics but mostly it is all year 12 work. Look at a HSC paper, due one each day.

I suggest you make a formula sheet because it is easy to forget formulas, or not remember a formula during HSC. As a result of not having a strong knowledge of the formulas plus the main concepts. you can't do the questions, hence you loose marks or make silly mistakes.

Good luck,

Last edited:

SharkeyBoy

HSC
I heard that they can only ask a maximum of 30% of preliminary content in the final HSC exam

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Yup, definitely.

I heard that they can only ask a maximum of 30% of preliminary content in the final HSC exam
This isn't entirely true.. many schools don't do the syllabus in order, but considering prelims are only 3 terms it's a bit above the 30% mark.

jaycoo50

HSC
Right! This is what I heared, but in schools they can test you more than 30%. As AnimeX said, schools don't do the syllabus in order, so in HSC they can only ask about 30% prem content, or more than that but in future probs it will change.

Look at HSC past papers, all you can see is about 30% of prem being tested but in school papers they have their own way of testing more or less.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)