• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

quick question (1 Viewer)

Taramisu

is the business course in B business/B computing the same as the single B business course?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yes, except with only ONE major instead of two. It's the same with all the other BBus combined degrees. So basically you're doing 2 years of the 3 year single BBus degree (ie. All the first year core subjecs + one Business major).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well I initially expected it to sky rocket for 2004, but it didn't seem too. I guess not as many people knew about it. There's seems to be quite a lot of UAC applications for this course for 2005, however I believe there are slightly more places available in the course as well (but not too many more). I'd say it would increase, but not by much. Hopefully 89 max. The combined degree's usually stay below the single BBus degree's UAI.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Donshe said:
True, more people know about it and also, those who dont make B Bus cut-off's seem to think that this is their easy street ticket in.

Bastards.

That's true I guess, considering the other combined degree's with lower UAIs, such as BBus/BEng and BBus/BSci are a bit harder and more chances of failing. BBus/BComp is the slightly easier combined degree, in my opinion.

If you are really keen on this course then also put down the BScIT and the BScIT Innovation as your other preferences. At the moment, they have a slightly lower UAI than the BBus/BComp and I'm not expecting them to rise much. Then you can always try and transfer over like I did.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well doing the BScIT Innovation would mean that you can transfer over 6-7/8 of your first year subjects, while just doing the BScIT would be around 5-6/8 since you do some extra networking and such as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)