• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Quite seriously - stream the latest US TV shows... really simple, perfectly legal. (1 Viewer)

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
Ok... sick of waiting around for a torrent to download because so many people are stingy and won't seed?

Or are you completely against Torrenting and think it's illegal...

Either way, here is a lovely little program that allows you to watch US Shows.

http://anchorfree.com/downloads/hotspot-shield

As you may or may not know, most US Television stations have websites that allow people to watch their shows in full online. However, they will normally not let people outside the US watch them. This program quite simply lets you watch those shows (also works on iPhone apparently). Hotspot shield creates a VPN (Virtual Private Network), which prevents the sites from knowing which region you're from and allowing you to watch the shows. It's perfectly legal. It runs on both Windows and Mac. It installs to your browser and adds a toolbar.

I got this program out of APC's latest issue.

Quite simply. Turn on Hotspot, search for the TV Networks site and start watching. The first 3 GB is free, then you have to pay I think, but I haven't got there yet. Just remember to turn it off when you're done (things like online banking and anything that involves a credit card won't work if they can't identify your region sometimes).

A good directory for shows is www.hulu.com

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Ahaha, I use to use Hotspot Shield to play Mabinogi :D

Also, it is not 'perfectly legal'. It's legal to use the proxy(Hotspot Shield) but it is in no way at all legal to stream the shows. The shows are there for US residents and US residents only. Just because you're hidden under some cover that makes it look like you're a US resident, doesn't mean you are.

But who gives a shit about where it's legal or not?

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
youngminii said:
Ahaha, I use to use Hotspot Shield to play Mabinogi :D

Also, it is not 'perfectly legal'. It's legal to use the proxy(Hotspot Shield) but it is in no way at all legal to stream the shows. The shows are there for US residents and US residents only. Just because you're hidden under some cover that makes it look like you're a US resident, doesn't mean you are.

But who gives a shit about where it's legal or not?
Well... I'm not a legal expert, and seeing as I'm guessing you aren't either, I'll leave that one with the Legal department of APC magazine, who I'm pretty sure wouldn't let something illegal get put in their magazine due to the serious backlash they could get. (but you never know I may be wrong!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)