• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

QUOTES!fall of roman republic! (1 Viewer)

worseoff

help!...on quotes for fall of republic

hey does anyone wanna gimme a little help?!?...firstly does anyone know if kate cameron quotable?...and does anyone know were i can find a quick summary of scholars or some usefull quotes?..thanks

Last edited:

Wiggum

I do the start of the empire and from what i know, yes kate cameron is quotable. Try Livy's speeches, they might be useful.

worseoff

thanx wiggum...do yo know were i can get a hold of livy's speaches??not on itnernet???..i cant be bothered to walk to a librbaby..to far

Wiggum

I've only got extracts of them, i have absolutely no idea where you could find them. If you search hard enough, you should be able to get a hold of them on the net.

jaNetix

i do this

primary:
use Plutarch' lives..theres one on caesar, pompey, crassus, cicero, Suetonius,

secondary:
Grant
H.H Scullard,

iluvaugustus

i am lost in the Egypt section! to me egypt is all the same- esp back those many yrs- sorry to all you A.H students that know everything and anything about egypt but to me its all just sand and dirt and tombs and heaps and heaps on death!!!!!!!!!!

i dont get the deal with the death thing- it was the egyptians MAIN FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! y!!!!!!!!!!!!:chainsaw:

worseoff

hey..damm im soo behind..i still need to do summary notes on JC and society, and thats only for history..ohh fuck!..im screwed...anyway...anyone got copies of cicero's, livy's or caesers speaches?..or any other good primary sources..DESPERATLY NEED SOME!..PLEASE!..arrghh im goin to fail..i have all my exams in the first week

worseoff

arrgh well my last exam is maths..which is monday of 2nd week..so they are all over within a week...anyonway!..usefull quotes anyone?

tink 18

i have some quotes on Pompey actually i have hundreds of them, he was the subject of my History extension major work, but it really depends on what sort of qoutes you need. If you need quotes for his character and what he done i have plenty from Plutarch, Cicero, Caesar, and some from the modern sources seager, Rawson, Greenhalgh and Leach

jaNetix

cann i pls have some modern quotes..i have none
if youve got any on lex gabinia and lex manilia....1st triumvirate..
just his special stuff

cheers!

ohh and i dun use all the ppl i put up....well i make up soem quotes and attempt to use a range..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)