Quotes for the history exam (1 Viewer)

MONONYMOUS

HSC
What does everybody think about making up quotes for the Ancient History exam or just roughly basing them on what historians said?

99.96ATAR

HSC
Actually?
Yeah na mate. @Hscbuzman is fucking with you. You need to know a wide range of historians for every dot point and every subject except Pompeii and Herculaneum which you can probably get away with. Take for example Agrippina the Younger personality study. It's a rather concise topic and id be surprised if you got a marker that didn't know the main historians being Tacitus, Suetonius, Barrett, Ginsburg and archaeological evidence. With just these you need to know their views on every single point just off your head. Because of the specialty of historians and how well markers know what they have said, I would be surprised if you can get away with it in ancient. Modern its easier to do because the historians are more obscure.

MONONYMOUS

HSC
Yeah na mate. @Hscbuzman is fucking with you. You need to know a wide range of historians for every dot point and every subject except Pompeii and Herculaneum which you can probably get away with. Take for example Agrippina the Younger personality study. It's a rather concise topic and id be surprised if you got a marker that didn't know the main historians being Tacitus, Suetonius, Barrett, Ginsburg and archaeological evidence. With just these you need to know their views on every single point just off your head. Because of the specialty of historians and how well markers know what they have said, I would be surprised if you can get away with it in ancient. Modern its easier to do because the historians are more obscure.
Alright, fair enough. My option is Greek World. So, even if I know the main gist or view of the historian, should I still not make the quote up. E.g. Herodotus exaggerated the amount of Persians at Thermopylae, would it not be okay to just make up a quote that talks about the great amount of Persins?

Hscbuzman

HSC
Scam mn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)