r theer some ppl qwho do less than 10 units? (1 Viewer)

zizou10-5

HSC
is doin less than 10 units possible? what do u have to do in yr 11 do accomplish dat in yr 12

Last edited:

lulabelle

HSC
it's possible to do less than 10 units if you've done an accelerated course ie. you've already completed your HSC for a particular course in year 11

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Exactly right completing a 2 unit HSC course accelerated could mean that you would only have to do 8 units in year 12.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
That would depend on how many units it is, if any - if it is 2 unit course then yes.

zizou10-5

HSC
for the reason that i was unhappy of my subject choices

zizou10-5

HSC
i will do an accelerated subject and also i wanted to do pd but i didn't cover the preliminary course.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It still stands to reason why you would even want to. It is taking a step backwards even if you are not so happy with your subject choices now assuming uni is your goal then really the most you have to do is meet the UAI cut off, unless for the course you want there are other specific requirements. Any further subjects that you might not of done in the HSC can be done through a bridging course.

But none the less in answer to your question at TAFE you can accelerate and do year 11 & 12 in the one year for certain subjects. I am not to sure when the signup days or details but search the forums it shouldn't be to hard to find details on it - search HSC at TAFE.

HSC
N/A
On a side note, yes you can do less than 10 HSC units in total - presumably among other things, you don't get a UAI. A friend of mine did this...

re:repeating yr 11

Total waste of time, in my opinion. Yr 11 marks don't count for yr 12, unless you're doing an accelerated student. In most cases you are far better off waiting till yr 12 anyway, or simply extending your hsc over another year. I know it sounds weird, but the end goal of the hsc is to get OUT of high school and into something (tafe, uni, apprenticeship etc) that will actually get you a job. the HSC only gives you a uai.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)