• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

radio waves experiment (1 Viewer)

bally24

HSC
just going over my notes, in part 2 of the syllabus the dot point is: Perform an investigation to demonstrate the production and reception of radio waves. i've written out the method of my experiment:
1.Adjust the gap on the induction coil to about 5mm and adjust the transformer to 6V.
2.Adjust the tuner of the radio so that it does not receive a station.
3.Move around the room and try to estimate where the radio can receive the static noise from the spark.
4.Adjust the gap to 10mm and repeat the exercise.
5.Change the tuner of the radio and scan across the range of wavelengths.

but i don't have any results....and i can't find any notes in my school book on it. can anyone tell me what the conclusion/results are for this? thanks a lot.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
you're not supposed to fabricate results....

If you did the experiment, you should have a better idea of what happened than people who weren't there.

There should be some affect on the frequency of the waves being transmitted by the coil and the strength of the signal its giving out.

bally24

HSC
yeah i know...if i could remember the experiment, of course i would write about it myself. but i can't, i just have these notes in my summary and no results. i thought some other people may have done the same one at school and could tell me what happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)