Ramifications of the absence of person ranked first in course (1 Viewer)

ML2615

HSC
Hi guys, I have a bit of a dilemma.
The person who is ranked 1st in our cohort for English has been severely sick, and it’s highly likely that they will not be able to sit paper 1 or 2. I’ve read up on how marks are calculated for people who get their illness/misadventure applications approved, but I want to know the logistics of how everyone else will be affected. So let’s say that 2nd in course gets the highest examination mark of 94, and by moderation the person ranked 1st who is sick receives 94 as their internal assessment mark, with 96 as their examination mark based on the relative difference with the person ranked 2nd. Does this mean the rest of the cohort’s scores will be distributed from 96 to the lowest examination score? Or will they be distributed between 94 and the lowest examination mark? Is my understanding of how rank 1 will get their marks calculated even correct???
I’m ranked 10th and would like to know how my marks will be adjusted to the absence of the person at rank 1. If it matters, we go to a school where a third of the students are 100% guaranteed to receive a band 6 in English advanced.
Somebody please explain the process to me:eek:

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Won't make a difference. Assuming your cohort is big (e.g. >60), then the removal of the top exam mark will barely make a difference to everyone elses mark, especially since 1/3rd of your cohort will get a band6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)