Ranking (1 Viewer)

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I don't understand how ranking works and what difference it makes can someone please explain? Does it make a difference if I go to a selective school or am ranked high?

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Basically you get your external HSC mark (from sitting the test at the end of the year) and that counts to half of your final mark for that subject. The other half comes from your internal performance. Usually (this is a very dumbed down simplified version), your internal mark will be the x highest external HSC mark from your cohort, where x is your ranking from the internal assessment tasks. So, for example, lets say you got 1st ranking in the cohort in english in internals throughout the year. Your internal mark will be the highest external mark that was achieved by your cohort. If you got the best HSC exam mark in your cohort, you will just get that mark for both external and internal. I hope that kinda explains it, others can correct me if I'm wrong here. (preferably the GOAT Jimmy)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Lets say I got 98 internally in a subject and externally I got 89, would that mean I'd still get the highest mark or would it be adjusted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)