• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ranks needed / 90+ ATAR still possible? (1 Viewer)

SutherlandKyle

HSC
What ranks would be required to attain an ATAR of 90+? School is ranked about 160. Can one rank significantly stuff up your ATAR too? Like a heap? ... Got my Physics assessment back on Friday, and got 52% (missed a page and lack of study). Weighted at 15%. Ranked around 23/27 or so. I was hoping for a band 6, but I assume that's out of the question now. If I start to work hard, can I get back to a band 5? Or has that mark stuffed me up?

I'm looking for an ATAR of about 92 - 93. Thanks.

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
At a school rank 160, you'd be looking at top 5 in all you subjects for your ATAR aim.(Depends what subjects you do and cohort size)

For physics, you *could* still get a band six, if you clawed you rank up in following assessment tasks. Which is possible because trial has heavy weighting. And you dont forget the actual HSC is worth 50%. But a band 5 is still very much achievable.

Bobbo1

HSC
90 is quite achievable. If you think physics is going to count then you better start studying pretty hard for it with your current rank I don't think you could even get a band 5, but this can easily change. As for minimum ranks, I'd say stay within around top 20% or so for each subject, i.e. for physics since there are 20 something people doing it, you should aim for no higher than a rank of about 3-4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)