• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ranks needed for 92+ ATAR (1 Viewer)

Pacism

HSC
I'm very much doubting my chances of getting 92 considering all I have left is trials and HSC and most of my ranks are pretty crap... but worth a try.

Maths: 15/66
Maths Extension 1: 17/40
English Advanced: 42/72 :frown2:
Studies of Religion 2: 10/16 (due to go up soon because of a good result, will probably be around rank six im guessing)
Engineering studies: 7/9 (obviously my worst rank, but due to go up as well because of a good result, probably only up to five or so, this class is easier to improve in though)
PDHPE: 3/35

school rank is about 100

Is it still possible to get above 92, or at least 90? I know english and engineering are going to need some serious improvement, but ill give it my best.

enoilgam

HSC
At the moment your probably looking at around 87-88. Your rankings in maths and MX1 will probably pull you up, however you need to improve english to the top 25, SOR to the top 7 and engineering to the top 4 if you want to get 92. The trials and HSC exam are generally worth about 70% of your marks so anything is possible for you at this point.

Pacism

HSC
Thanks, other than that english rank, I can definitely see that being possible. Are those ranks calculated the end of assessments (after trials) or after the external HSC though?

Pacism

HSC
Also, if my ranks were kept until after the trials, but then i did extremely well in the HSC, how much would it boost my ATAR?

enoilgam

HSC
Your ranks are calculated after your trials. With regards to english, try at least to move your ranking to the top 30. If you cannot do so, then you will need to push up your maths ranks a couple places to compensate. Doing extremely well in your HSC could boost your ATAR significantly. Its difficult to say by how much, but the HSC exams definitely have the power to make or break a student. I remember at my school, some students crashed and burned in their final HSC exams whilst others came out of nowhere and did really well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)