Rate of Corrosion in Different Conditions - PRACTICAL HELP (1 Viewer)

bayan92

HSC
I need help with the following practicals:

- PART A-

9.6.2 - Identify data, select equipment, plan and perform a first-hand investigation to compare the rate of corrosion of iron and an identified form of steel

I am using mild steel nails and pieces of cast iron. Testing them in conditions of air and distilled water.

What is the control and why? What are the various variables?
<o></o>

- PART B- (both dot points in one experiment)

9.6.5 - Perform a first-hand investigation to compare and describe the rate of corrosion of materials in different<o></o>
-oxygen concentration
-temperatures<o></o>
-salt concentrations<o></o>

I am using mild steel nails, copper olives and zinc washers.

-oxygen concentration: distilled water (normal), degassed distilled water (low oxygen) with metal inside
-temperatures: high, low and normal temperatures (all distilled water and metal)<o></o>
-salt concentrations
: distilled water (no salt), 3.5% salt conc distilled water and 10% salt conc distilled water

·9.6.6 - Perform a first-hand investigation to compare and describe the rate of corrosion of metals in different acidic and neural solutions

-acidic: lemon juice and vinegar
-neutral: distilled water
AND we are doing
- basic: hand soap

What is the control and why? What are the various variables? <o></o>

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
<!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)