RE: Biology(GENETICS) question (1 Viewer)

lolita

I asked the operator about the 5th dot point in the 3rd column for "Genetics-the code broken"

Current use of gene therapy to manage a genetic disease, a cancer of AIDS.

A form of gene therapy is being used in the treatment of cystic fibrosis. This disease is caused by a recessive gene that can not code for a crucial amino acid, resulting in a critical build up of mucous in the lungs.
A normal gene is cloned and inserted into a benign virus that is then introduced into the tissues of the patient. As the virus reproduces, it invades more and more cells and concurrently reproduces the normal gene in these cells. These cells then function normally. As this technique has a direct effect on the body cells, it is called somatic gene therapy.

feel free to post information on Genetics or just general bilogy dot points

Last edited:

lolita

Originally posted by Trine*
hey just wanted to say if u need any info ive got study notes on every point throughout the syllabus, if u would like them just email me at katrinaparnell_22@hotmail.com and i will email them to you, dont stress to much you will be fine :)
If you're still willing to send them i would definately appreciate it =) i've already sent you an email, just in case you didnt get it, my email is dillil@hotmail.com thanks Trine*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)