re-doing exams.... (1 Viewer)

kate

twice this year due to our ridiculous english staff we have had to resit exams.

TWICE

there has been no learning from mistakes

first time.. one class complained about their shorter time frame ( probly had 20 seconds less than the other)

and the second.. they gave us an exam for the half yearly that one teacher had previously passed around to his class..

grrr

dissonance

yeah thats happend at our school a little as well. Didn't effect me though...

In a hand-in standerd english task different teachers were marking from different marking critirea. So lots of people got better or worse marks than they should have. They're making everyone do the assessment again and set them a different question to do once trials are over...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by dissonance
yeah thats happend at our school a little as well. Didn't effect me though...

In a hand-in standerd english task different teachers were marking from different marking critirea. So lots of people got better or worse marks than they should have. They're making everyone do the assessment again and set them a different question to do once trials are over...
couldn't they just have re-marked it?? thats fucked!!

i remember in my grade last year in chem, heaps of people were cheating in some little chem test, so a few people dobbed on them. everyone had to do the test again!

thrillhouse

if they cheated they should get zero.. but i guess its one students words against anothers...

Fry

that is so cool i would do anything to re-do exams cos i fucked up pretty much all of them.

kate

no way not cool

they give us a totally new fucked up test

and its friggin english. my most hated and feared subject

CoYLiE

our teacher changed the marking criteria for our speeches after we had all actually completed it, without even telling us.... so the ones who concentrated on fufilling the criteria got lower marks than the ones who didn't

Kristy

you poor thing, that's really not fair - but i guess it's good practice at least! :)

ben

Originally posted by liz
Well at our school software exams are always mucked up. In the trials we did a 2 hr exam to do a 30 page exam with the normal 20 multiple choince plus 3 senario questions. Which is way too much for the exam time we got. I only did 25 pages and so left out five pages. So we all complained and our teacher said she relised it was too long but she was triing to test us to see how fast we could work, and that i shouln't have mattered because even though no one finished everyone got the same amount of time. Well I did the trials again today and we got 2 and 1/2 hours. So i thought getting a half a hour extra would be plenty of time. Yet to make up for it she gave use another 2 senorio questions. So all together we got 25 questions, for our exam. And of cousre no one finished it.
LOL!

miss_bloom

while we're on the topic of the incompetence of teachers, this isnt about exams but our english teacher teaches us jack all because she thinks thats spoonfeeding us, and then she goes and tells us off and gives us super crappy marks for not knowing how to do something properly! and she goes on and on complaining about only so few people got into band 6 for english :mad: is anyone else's teacher like this? *hmph*

ben

Originally posted by liz
Well for english we spent one whole term on Bruce Dawe. Then 2nd term on Witness. Then our teachers relised we still have to modules to go so we crammed Looking for Alibrandi into the two weeks before the trials. And now we are going to start Consumerism and cram that in.
what did you do term4 last year?

CoYLiE

hehe... for extension, our teacher refused to teach us one of the texts until we had actually done the assessment on it... a bit confused don't u think??

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by liz
We studied the stimulus booklet for the whole of 4th term.
we did John Donne for 1 whole term
thats why we JUST finished the course before...stupid english dept. at my school....

Originally posted by CoYLiE
hehe... for extension, our teacher refused to teach us one of the texts until we had actually done the assessment on it... a bit confused don't u think??
No, actually, depending on the assessment, that would've meant you needed to do your own research and that would've stayed in your mind far better than if you had gone through it with your teacher

ben

Originally posted by sif not 99
yeah well we still havent finished our course, we did frontline in about 3 weeks lol
That's OK because frontline is common knowledge! I wish King Lear was just as easy :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)