• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Read my story? (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
plain and simple- anyone whose done their hsc already willing to read my story and provide me with some feedback? would be greatly appreciated...thanx dudes

J

jhakka

I would be willing to read it, and would be able to give you feedback within a couple of days. Send it to me via PM, if you like.

HSC
N/A
^ Same here, but only if your mind won't over-boggle with the multiple opinions. :)

Alternatively, send it to Justin first - edit accordingly - and then me.

At least no-one can accuse us Uni bums of being lazy, eh?

hApPy1

HSC
lol- thanx guys- i'd like to touch up on it tho so i present my best to u....just to be on the safe side.

thanx again dudes! :)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
hmm be a bit wary about getting people to read your work
I mentioned one of my mentors in my viva and he got called an arsehole and wanker by two of my teachers.

hApPy1

HSC
cherryblossom said:
hmm be a bit wary about getting people to read your work
I mentioned one of my mentors in my viva and he got called an arsehole and wanker by two of my teachers.

ooooooo, why ever so?

J

jhakka

I'm wondering the same thing. My teacher always encouraged us to find as many mentors as we could.

yesgentlemen

Sexbox
HSC
I think it is a good idea to have people read your story before you submit it to the BoS. However, I wouldn't be letting people you do not know read it, for example, posting things on the net before the due date because of possible plagarism instances, but I think it would be benefitial for everyone in your class to read it and critique it for you- we're all going through the same problems.

j_o_sh

HSC
N/A
hApPy1 said:
plain and simple- anyone whose done their hsc already willing to read my story and provide me with some feedback? would be greatly appreciated...thanx dudes
hi im willing 2 read,
dw its fine, idid ex eng 2 b4 n did well

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
yesgentlemen said:
I think it is a good idea to have people read your story before you submit it to the BoS. However, I wouldn't be letting people you do not know read it, for example, posting things on the net before the due date because of possible plagarism instances, but I think it would be benefitial for everyone in your class to read it and critique it for you- we're all going through the same problems.
yeah - and some mentors can be actually counterproductive. I got some kids in my class and friends to read mine....and also guy that topped 4 u last year...and his work is very different from mine, much less personal, and so he made all these comments that sort of negated the personal touch and during the viva I said that because he topped 4 u he'd know what the markers wanted and my teacher goes...I don't think he knows anything, I think he's a wanker and I was so nervous I couldn't laugh.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
yeah - and some mentors can be actually counterproductive. I got some kids in my class and friends to read mine....and also guy that topped 4 u last year...and his work is very different from mine, much less personal, and so he made all these comments that sort of negated the personal touch and during the viva I said that because he topped 4 u he'd know what the markers wanted and my teacher goes...I don't think he knows anything, I think he's a wanker and I was so nervous I couldn't laugh.
I would agree to this to a certain extent as our works are usually so individualised and subjective there really is no gospel truth on how we are supposed to go about making them. That said, outside opinions are an invaluable resource and you need them to help you judge your work as that is exactly what is going to happen when the marker reads it for they might be a "wanker" themselves. So really you should be looking for as much criticism as you can get but you should also be willing to throw it all out the window if it isn't working for you since it's *your* work.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Airness was wondering if any of you past HSC people would like to read his major work, and critique it. :);):D:eek::p:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)