Reading recommendations to prepare for Mod C (1 Viewer)

Forenza

HSC
Hello! As Mod C is undisputably difficult due to the need to come up with a creative/discursive/persuasive on the spot, it is recommended that you read as widely as possible. As someone preparing for this, what genres should I focus on specifically to generate the most ideas and develop narratives that the markers like?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The prescribed texts that you will study for Module C could be used as a guide in terms of the genres that you should focus on. The idea here is that the prescribed texts introduce you to the techniques, writing styles and ideas of their respective authors, which you can use as inspiration to develop and support your own unique ideas, writing style and the manner in which you manipulate language and linguistic devices, or reproduce those emphasised within each prescribed text in a way that suits your own writing, depending on the type of piece that you will write. Substantial reference to your prescribed texts is important given that you may be required to explore specific aspects that influenced your own creative, discursive or persuasive piece. Consider Question 9 (b) from the 2019 English Advanced HSC exam:

Compare how you have used language in part (a) to evoke emotion with the way writing has been crafted in at least ONE prescribed text from Module C.
Once you have gained an idea of the genres that you will be focusing on which will align with your prescribed texts, you can then select and thoroughly examine similar individual texts based on your own interests. Such analysis will consequently support your studies and preparation of pieces and reflective responses for Module C.

I hope this helps! 😄

vishnay

God
HSC
Hello! As Mod C is undisputably difficult due to the need to come up with a creative/discursive/persuasive on the spot, it is recommended that you read as widely as possible. As someone preparing for this, what genres should I focus on specifically to generate the most ideas and develop narratives that the markers like?
no no no u rlly don't need to come up with stuff on the spot

u can definitely go ahead and memorise a creative piece + 2 reflections as well as memorise parts of a discursive

just like every other module in english u should rlly be adapting these memorised pieces to multiple practice questions

the only section of the exam where u would need to come up with stuff on the spot is the unseen texts section

Forenza

HSC
no no no u rlly don't need to come up with stuff on the spot

u can definitely go ahead and memorise a creative piece + 2 reflections as well as memorise parts of a discursive

just like every other module in english u should rlly be adapting these memorised pieces to multiple practice questions

the only section of the exam where u would need to come up with stuff on the spot is the unseen texts section
Ahh okay! Aside from my prescribed texts, what other texts should I read that will give me the most inspiration for my creative? Which genres fro what purpose would you recommend?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)