• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Realism scripts anyone? (1 Viewer)

jessh90

HSC
I'm the only scripty at my school...so no help there, and on here everyone seems to be doing absurdism? I wanted to do realism/still want to do realism, but I'm worried it'll either be too boring or to soap-opera...is it just a bad form to do for a play? Is anyone else doing it?

My idea is exploring how decisions we make change our lives, but what I've written (8.5 pages) seems really boring to me, not what I wanted at all without making it cheesy/soap opera...how are you guys coping?

jennieTalia

HSC
There's only 2 people at mine doing scripting...

As for realism plays :S

My influences are all over the place (think pygmalion crossed with Waiting for Godot)

Look up the realist movement on the internet (and if you have the living drama book, its our school textbook, theres bound to be crap in there)

Don't just limit yourself to entire scripts. I mean sure, there's A Dolls House etc, but you could go and search 5 monologues and then 5 AB scripts, song lyrics etc, anything to give you ideas. I'm keeping a bank of lines in my logbook that I can delve into whenever I'm stuck (read: 3.30am writers block)

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be of more help! Have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)