Reality TV Unethical? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey everyone.
I have an english oral presentation to write and i decided to do it on reality television and the debate about whether it is pushing the boundaries in terms of human rights and treatment.
Its a really interesting topic and i would like some other peoples opinions.

I thought of it having read about this season of big brother and the 'White Room' that is used to choose new housemates from those who didn't originally get into the house.
I don't watch bb but this article looked interesting, so i read it and discovered that this new feature borders on psychological torture. It got me interested and i discovered other tv series which pushed the boundaries including The Golden Cage in holland (made by the same people as big brother).

The whole topic begs the question of how far people will go in the name of consumerism and their 15 minutes of fame!
Any comments??

hg83ry

HSC
i did watch it at the start untill i woke up to my self and realise how crap it is, but the white room wasn't that bad.... it wasn't as if they didn't have nothing to do, for god sake there are like 4 of em there they can at least talk to each other!!! And who care if the grole tasted like arse god consider the fact that some poeple dont have food to eat, you self righteous close minded f###'s

lol sorry

i really dont see reality tv as un ethical though, because the people are accepting to do it, its not as if they are being minuplated into doing the tv show... but as far as the 15 mimutes of fame factor goes.... you do rise a point, as a society we are so self indulged into how popular we have to be in order to have some accpetance in our lifes....

well like usually my post are going nowhere fast so....

volition

arr.
HSC
Yeah, I don't see a problem with it if people are willing to go in this room, and if people are willing to watch it. Not that I like/watch Big Brother or anything.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
BB is so stupid. It's pointless. I wish they put on a show that had actual meaning and depth to it. =( Sheeze.
And by having what you say is a psychological 'torture' room is pretty typical to draw potential audiences in.. which i assume has done so, but if these people are up for it then who cares. Let em. *meh*
Good gob..what has happened to TV! AHH!!

tufungulla

HSC
no reality tv just boreing theres a diffrence i miss scripted sitcoms like sienfeild and kings of queens lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)