• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Reason why groupwork sucks (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes it is. it's funny because they're retards. and it sucks to be stuck in a group with them.
"who is the president of the USA"
"Dick Cheney"

"How many degrees is it now?"
(Checks watch)

When people say 'nah group work is managable with international students as long as you give them stuff they're good at' it's bullshit. they don't realise the core things that you need to know to even write up a single section of an assignment.

This reminds me of a guy's group. He gave an international asian guy the easiest section of the assignment. The smallest too. He wanted him to write a 'background' on accupuncture. Hell, it's easy enough - look up a few sources, a few journals, what it is, who does it etc. So, he left it until the last week and then sent him a page with a faded picture of someone getting accupuncture: a 'background'

Rorix

HSC
stazi said:
yes it is. it's funny because they're retards. and it sucks to be stuck in a group with them.
"Dick Cheney"

They say VP! Learn english, you fob! :(

Those guys aren't that bad.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahahahh 'aren't that bad'? that better have been sarcasm.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I've had two group presentations to do with international students. They are quite capable of doing the research but can't speak english well very and so no one can understand them when they do their part of the presentation. Fortunately international students mean big money to my uni so there is no losing of marks and I don't go bad because other people can't speak english properly.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
"Dick Cheney"

"How many degrees is it now?"
(Checks watch)
In the video they actually ask "who is the current VICE president of the united.."
oh which he correctly answers dick cheney

I agree that international students are bad to have in group assignments, but i do not think the video is funny

phrred

HSC
y cant they english levels higher, so that u hafta speak english well to get in? yes the govt makes money but dont they want graduates with degrees from our best unis good graduates?

i had to do an assignment with 2 int students , n this guy just didnt talk, he didnt say a word till we had to present, he did 200 words outta 3000 n 4got to answer the Q, then we got an HD coz sum1 spent 2 days editing the crap they did. so he got 90% too

stazi

Nightman
HSC
mate. learn 2 speak english be24ore u crticise asians. im drunk what ure excuse. a leb?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)