• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Redirection Notices. (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Hey, everytime i post a redirection thingy comes up, it didnt happen before
It says "thank you for posting blah blah moderators are moderating otherwise, you'll be returned to the forum"
This'll happen with this thread too. I betcha.

I cant even post a poll either because of this. It has a notice there too.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
BoS was updated last night to vBulletin version 3.5.3. That's why the post confirmation screen appears now, and it's up to the admins on whether they want to leave it on or disable it. There are also likely to be a few little glitches here and there as we get used to the new software.

I'm not sure about the polls... perhaps they have been briefly disabled? That's the only thing I can think of...

I_F

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
its like that for everyone now i think smart_dunce. i even got that message in my last post in buy/sell forum. i think its a new feature to ensure everyone's post has been successfully posted or something. new feature added, like the new posting layout and the highlighting of any forum you place your cursor on.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
You get that redirection page nearly everywhere now, even after updating your profile or options.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
oh really?! that's cool....it doesn't bother me, another addition, for the best i assume.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It also helps as a conformation that your post is being posted as some people can get jumpy and click the submit reply twice when it is refreshing.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
It also helps as a conformation that your post is being posted as some people can get jumpy and click the submit reply twice when it is refreshing.

ah that's so true, and its happened to me. when uploading my post, sometimes it takes a while, i get impatient and keep clicking 'post reply' and sometimes, my reply comes up twice. lol

X

xeuyrawp

rnitya_25 said:
i think its a new feature to ensure everyone's post has been successfully posted or something.
Yeah, I think that's right. Before, if there was really heavy traffic, you could have pressed 'Submit', and your post could actually be posted before you were redirected -- causing people to not only get frustrated with wasting time, but sometimes posting a few times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)